Alamo's solid commitment to safety is reflected in our excellent safety record.
We have recognized that accidents can be controlled through a continual and effective loss control program and have developed and maintained a superb program based on the total involvement of all our employees.
Our goals are:
- Provide all required and/or reasonable safeguards to prevent work injuries
- Properly maintain all equipment, tools and machines
- Develop safe working methods and train employees to work safely
- Comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding safe and proper working conditions
Safety communication, assignment of responsibilities, project inspections, hazard abatement, accident investigation, safety training and documentation are specifically addressed in our company safety manual.
General contractors/construction managers and Alamo's on-site supervisors maintain a copy of this safety manual on every Alamo job site.
Building blocks of our safety program include:
- Executive management commitment
- Pre-job safety planning
- OSHA 10-hour and 30-hour Trained Personnel
- Incident Recording/Tracking System
- Weekly On-Site Safety Training Meetings (TBT)
- Weekly Documented Job Site Inspections
- Safety Recognition Programs
- Industry Awards and Recognition for our Safety Program
- Daily Safety Task Analysis (STA) Policy
- Pre-Employment, post-accident, reasonable cause Substance abuse screening program
- Monthly Risk Management meetings Light duty policy
- Mobile phone policy
- Fleet vehicle policy